I used to not like lotus stem a lot. But after prepared in this form I actually loving it. may be in I will try more recipes with lotus root.
250 gm Lotus root
8-10 baby corn
1 onion thin sliced
1 capsicum thin sliced
½ cup tomato sauce
3 tps chilly sauce
1 tps chilly flakes
2 tps honey
Salt according to taste
4 tbsp Corn flour
Oil to fry
- Cut lotus stem into long pieces and pressure cook for 1 or 2 vessels
- Cool lotus stem and Cut lotus stems into thin diagonal slices and put them in a bowl
- Add 2 table spoon corn flour and salt in the lotus stem. Mix well.
- Fry lotus Stem in sufficient oil.
- Heat little oil in the pan. Add onion and cook till it change color.
- Now add capsicum and baby corn. Stir till both are cooked
- Now add fried lotus stem. Mix well.
- Add tomato sauce, chilly sauce, chilly flakes , Honey , salt and mix well.
- Mix remaining corn flour in 1 cup water. Add this mixture to pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati